We understand the mining skills shortage is challenging and more often than not we hear that mining teams are understaffed and overworked.
The good news is there are some things you can do to help lessen the load and increase the level of productivity at any site or location.
And here they are?
1. Identify boring and repetitive tasks that consume skills and affect retention
2. Break the burnout cycle, invest time to review technologies which may increase team productivity
3. Teach your team how to politely say no to unnecessary reporting and meetings requests.
4. Celebrate team productivity improvement initiatives that reduce team workload.
5. Invest in technology to augment workflow!
6. If you don’t have the time or the people, look for a company who can do it for you
7. Once that tech is in place, it’s important to learn how to sustain it