Orebody Learning is a process that enables operations to learn about their orebody directly from operational experience. It is performed using PETRA’s proprietary digital twin technlogogy: Data Fusion Ore tracking & Machine Learning.
Orebody learning provides:
- Site-specific models using a mine’s own data
- High granularity block-by-block predictions
- Updated block models as soon as new operational data has been provided
- File formats which are platform agnostic, designed to connect with in-house or third party data platforms
The problem it aims to solve
Previously, orebody knowledge was limited to:
- Grade & product quality
- Geotechnical characterisation
Many mining operations suffer from the inability to learn from experience, orebody learning using digital twin technology aims to bridge this gap.
Expanded orebody knowledge provides information about:
- What is the best way to process the ore
- What is the best way to blast the ore
- How to be more energy efficient
- How to predict material handling properties
- How to predict recovery
Orebody learning powers PETRA products and applications
Considered the heart of all PETRA solutions, orebody learning allows us to create decision support tools to predict, simulate & optimise using a mathematical model of how your mine works.
- Increase profit margin/ recover benefits faster
- Optimise the value chain for geological variability
- Support operational decisions based on data driven models
- Integrate with existing systems(software) and workflows
- Get more value from existing data
- Create a repository of geology linked to performance
- Create 10’s of thousands of data records
How does this compare to other solution providers?
- They rely upon 20th century empirical models for example Orica’s IES.
- Provide low granularity 3D models using spatially limited rock testing data
- Provide forward only predictions without a feedback loop
- Force mining companies to use their data platform
- Don’t use digital twin technology to improve orebody knowledge
PETRA products & services utilising orebody learning